Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Time Management

A Time and a Season

Key Scripture: Ecclesiastes 3:1–8

There is a time for everything, a season for every activity under heaven. A time to be born and a time to die.A time to plant and a time to harvest.A time to kill and a time to heal.A time to tear down and a time to rebuild.A time to cry and a time to laugh.A time to grieve and a time to dance.A time to scatter stones and a time to gather stones.A time to embrace and a time to turn away.A time to search and a time to lose.A time to keep and a time to throw away.A time to tear and a time to mend.A time to be quiet and a time to speak up.A time to love and a time to hate.A time for war and a time for peace.

Mom’s Reflection

“A time for everything” seems like a simple concept. But it’s not so simple when it comes to the family calendar. It’s amazing how quickly we fill up our time with so many different activities. It is almost as if we believe that we must do everything, and we must do it now! Why do we let ourselves get so busy? Maybe we’re afraid our kids will be left out or fall behind if we don’t sign them up for certain sports or activities. Maybe we commit ourselves to certain things just because we’re asked to, and we don’t like to say no.
Wisdom tells us that we don’t need to do everything right now. There is a time and a season for everything! So instead of automatically signing the kids up for art lessons, T-ball, gymnastics and Scouts, let’s slow down and rethink our schedules. Let’s take a deliberate look at what is necessary and prudent, and learn to say no. Let’s change the pace of life from doing everything all at once to doing the right things at the right time. Let’s ask the Lord what He would have us do this year, and save the rest for another time.

My Prayer

“Wise and loving shepherd of my soul, I praise You for the way You care for me. Thank You for taking an interest in the details of my life and the lives of each of my family members. Please give me wisdom to know what my family and I should do with our time. Help me to recognize the season we are in and the activities that are necessary and appropriate. Guide us in the right direction, so we can glorify You in all that we do. In Jesus’ Name I pray, amen.”

This week I’m praying for: ____________________

My Choices

This week I will choose to take a deliberate look at my family’s schedule of activities.
This week I will choose to pray for direction in how we use our time.
This week I will choose to use my time wisely each day.
This week I will choose to: ____________________

For Further Reading: Psalm 90

This devotion was taken from the Assembly of God's Moments for MOMs email.

Reprinted from The Power of a Positive Mom Devotional and Journal by Karol Ladd, Howard Publishing Co., Inc., ©2006.

Available through Gospel Publishing House at www.gospelpublishing.com.

If you've enjoyed Moments for Moms, check out the other e-newsletters being offered by Women's Ministries at http://www.womensministries.ag.org/newsletters.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am the daughter of a King. I am the apple of His eye. In addition, I'm a wife to the most wonderful man in the world - seriously - he puts up with me and loves me no matter what. I am so thankful for Brian! Most importantly, he loves the Lord with all of his heart and is a Godly role model to our children and others. Because of him, I'm a mom to four wonderful children - Ezra who's almost 9, Grace is 7, Elliana is 3 and Isaac who was a year on April 18. Life is a crazy whirlwind full of unexpected turns. This blog is to stay close to many friends and family throughout the US.