Thursday, July 10, 2008

devotion

God’s Glorious Restoration

Key Scripture: Ezra 9:8,9

But now we have been given a brief moment of grace, for the Lord our God has allowed a few of us to survive as a remnant. He has given us security in this holy place. Our God has brightened our eyes and granted us some relief from our slavery. For we were slaves, but in his unfailing love our God did not abandon us in our slavery. Instead, he caused the kings of Persia to treat us favorably. He revived us so that we were able to rebuild the Temple of our God and repair its ruins. He has given us a protective wall in Judah and Jerusalem.

Mom’s Reflection

Have you ever lost hope? Have you ever come to a point where you thought the circumstances or relationships in your life were so broken that they could never be restored? Surely that’s how the people of Israel felt when Jerusalem and the Temple were destroyed in 586 B.C. and they were taken as exiles to Babylon. There seemed to be no hope for restoration of their Temple or their nation. But God made a way. Over a period of many years, He worked in the lives of some of His faithful servants and in the heart of the king of Persia. Eventually, the people were allowed to return to Jerusalem to rebuild the Temple—and their hope was restored in the process.
Our God is a redeeming, restoring God. He may not restore your situation in the exact way or along the same timetable you would have planned, but you can take hope in His mighty power and perfect work. He is able to restore relationships. He is able to restore circumstances. He is able to redeem lives.

Without a doubt, the greatest redemption of all took place when the Lord delivered us from the slavery of sin and restored us to a right relationship with Him through the sacrifice of His Son, Jesus. I love how Ezra says, “Our God has brightened our eyes.” Let’s rejoice in God’s redemption of our souls. And may our bright eyes reflect the bright hope we have in Him!

My Prayer

“Redeeming Lord and wonderful Father, I praise You, because You have redeemed my life from the pit and crowned me with loving-kindness and tender mercies. Thank You for the hope I have in You! You are the one I trust to bring restoration to my broken circumstances. I know the plan You have for my life is far bigger than I can see. Give me strength and patience to wait for Your perfect work. In Jesus’ Name I pray, amen.”
This week I’m praying for: ____________________

mYChoices

This week I will choose to place my hope in my loving heavenly Father.
This week I will choose to stop focusing on my problems.
This week I will choose to pray for God’s restoration and redemption in my circumstances.
This week I will choose to: ____________________

For Further Reading: Psalm 103
Jesus came not only to teach but to save, not only to reveal God to mankind, but also to redeem mankind for God.―John R. W. Stott

Hope, child, tomorrow and tomorrow still, and every tomorrow hope; trust while you live. Hope, each time the dawn doth heaven fill, be there to ask as God is there to give.—Victor Hugo

Reprinted from The Power of a Positive Mom Devotional and Journal by Karol Ladd, Howard Publishing Co., Inc., ©2006.

No comments:

About Me

My photo
I am the daughter of a King. I am the apple of His eye. In addition, I'm a wife to the most wonderful man in the world - seriously - he puts up with me and loves me no matter what. I am so thankful for Brian! Most importantly, he loves the Lord with all of his heart and is a Godly role model to our children and others. Because of him, I'm a mom to four wonderful children - Ezra who's almost 9, Grace is 7, Elliana is 3 and Isaac who was a year on April 18. Life is a crazy whirlwind full of unexpected turns. This blog is to stay close to many friends and family throughout the US.