Monday, June 30, 2008

the WaVeS

I sometimes feel like a wave tossed to and fro. Isn't there a scripture in the New Test. that talks about being tossed to and fro? I have so many highs and lows in my mood. Is it just part of being a woman.

Is it my sinful heart being discontent? We had a fabulous weekend of amazing teachings at church this past weekend. Russ and Kim Kline ministered in the prophetic - many were encouraged and challenged in the Lord. Kim's word for me was that I was "weary that sometimes leads to dreary" but the JOY of the Lord would lift me. I trust that! His word confirms the JOY is there, free to be taken hold of.

My down feeling comes from new that Heather, Lani, Maya and Adam will be moving to London by mid Aug. For at least a year, possibly up to four years. She traveled there last week and fell in love with the area. She and He are certain this move is for the best of t heir family. They found a beautiful five bedroom townhouse and reserved it. Firas leaves July 9, the day after Grace's 7th birthday.

I currently see my sister about once a month or every six weeks for several days at a time. I can't imagine how I will see her more - she swears she will stay home for long periods of time, but I cannot imagine traveling hours by plane to come here. (as often as I would like)

My sorrow is that I will miss so much of the kids growing up. Even though we are far apart n ow, about five hours, we still are very close and our kids love each other so much. If Brian and I would travel to London we couldn't afford to take all of our kiddos. Not at $1000 per ticket. We will be lucky to be able to afford a trip together.

I need to pick my chin up and find something to be joyful about. and stop dwelling on things I cannot control. and TRUST that He has it all in the palm of His hand. He is such a faithful God. Nothing happens without His knowledge. Right NOW I choose to TRUST YOU Lord, completely for every need and concern.

2 comments:

BurttBunch said...

Praying for you my friend!
Glad that your sister has found a place and that she loves it there. At least she doesn't have to move and hates it. Be happy about that!
Keep trusting...God will keep you united! Blessings!

Christina said...

Oh Holly, I am so sad that they will be gone for so long. Your friend is right though. At least she doesn't hate the place she is moving to. Don't worry, you will stay close. Sisters have a special bond and no distance will change that.

About Me

My photo
I am the daughter of a King. I am the apple of His eye. In addition, I'm a wife to the most wonderful man in the world - seriously - he puts up with me and loves me no matter what. I am so thankful for Brian! Most importantly, he loves the Lord with all of his heart and is a Godly role model to our children and others. Because of him, I'm a mom to four wonderful children - Ezra who's almost 9, Grace is 7, Elliana is 3 and Isaac who was a year on April 18. Life is a crazy whirlwind full of unexpected turns. This blog is to stay close to many friends and family throughout the US.