Wednesday, June 25, 2008

1 Cor 4:18

"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal." 1 Cor 4:18

Have you ever had God's word JUMP out at you and give you amazing revelation about something. It's happening for me now, with the above scripture. so I want to share

I struggle so much with mothering, being content in it, feeling appreciated, thinking I'm doing the right think and not messing up my kids :) It's the hardest job I have ever had YET the most fun and rewarding at the same time - so so hard to explain. It's an indescribable feeling.

Yet - I am reminded of the bigger picture. God's picture. His desire for me is to be faithful in training up my children. Committing my ways to Him so that I may be an example to them of Him and His goodness.

so often, too often, I find myself resentful to my family - the never ending job and forget way too often to be a servant to them first. Lord Please help me in this area. Please fix my eyes on what is unseen - the Work You are doing in me and my children. Lord please RENEW my vision for them. And my passion to show them YOUR unfailing love. Please remind me of the unseen - what is eternal. not soccer games, t-ball, going to the park, having the coolest b-day parties or other worldly distractions - but a firm foundation of WHO YOU are and how much YOU love them. and me. Thank you God.

OK, so it turned out to be a prayer of conviction for me. more than the insight God was revealing to me about His word. I love how it is ALIVE and so refreshing. Lord, I need to be there, in the word, more often!!!

I love blogging, I can express my thoughts wholeheartedly without the condemnation of worrying about what others think. if you do not like, you just do not have to read it. :) However, I am encouraged that so many do read it - and encourage me - thank you so much!

God is so so GOOD - in every area of my life. I have so much to be thankful for. I really am!

1 comment:

BurttBunch said...

AMEN!!! Good blog Holly!

About Me

My photo
I am the daughter of a King. I am the apple of His eye. In addition, I'm a wife to the most wonderful man in the world - seriously - he puts up with me and loves me no matter what. I am so thankful for Brian! Most importantly, he loves the Lord with all of his heart and is a Godly role model to our children and others. Because of him, I'm a mom to four wonderful children - Ezra who's almost 9, Grace is 7, Elliana is 3 and Isaac who was a year on April 18. Life is a crazy whirlwind full of unexpected turns. This blog is to stay close to many friends and family throughout the US.