Friday, December 5, 2008

The Craft Bug strikes AGAIN!






I've been crafting this evening and enjoying it!

Here is the finished snowman pillow. I added distress ink around the outer edges of the snowman to make him pop out a little. It was a fun project. I'm glad to have it done. One of the kids pulled off one of the snowflake buttons, lol!

The button tree will be pillow eventually. I need to find a fabric for the background. I was so frustrated trying to do that stinkin' blanket stitch. I just couldn't get it! UGH!!!

Here is the Chenelle Snowman I blogged about previously. I found one similar to him on Etsy. The fabrics all came from the thrift store. I added cinnamon oil to the inide of this guy - he smells yummy!

I also finished the tree with the painted tags. It needs something? Any suggestions?

I'm posting pics - sorry, they will be in random order.



Off to bed, tomorrow will be a busy day. We are getting our tree in the morning. And having Christmas with Mom, Larry, Heather and Lani! I can't wait! Heather, Mom, Delani, and I shopped all day today. What a terrific time we had together! Heather is here for a week to close up her house in OH, she leaves for UK next Fri. Mom, my girls and I are going to OH Wed - Fri. to see her off. (sigh)

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Just love your crafty treats! I feel as though this season is getting a bit ahead of me ... I usually give handmade gifts for family and friends. Seeing your work has inspired me to make a date with my studio to get creating ... that is, as soon as I get our Christmas postcards out in the mail. Of course, first they must be received from the printer - then, the edges all need hand-torn and aged - then, glitter paint the snowman - then, a little spray lacquer ... (sigh) ... they might be received before the Christmas day???? LOL!

Thanks so much for sharing!

Blessings,
Jenny

Tolentreasures said...

Everything looks really nice Holly, you sure have been busy! Have a great day with your family today!

BurttBunch said...

I want to come craft with you sometime! I want to make cool pillows like that with the stitches. Hope your having a good weekend!

About Me

My photo
I am the daughter of a King. I am the apple of His eye. In addition, I'm a wife to the most wonderful man in the world - seriously - he puts up with me and loves me no matter what. I am so thankful for Brian! Most importantly, he loves the Lord with all of his heart and is a Godly role model to our children and others. Because of him, I'm a mom to four wonderful children - Ezra who's almost 9, Grace is 7, Elliana is 3 and Isaac who was a year on April 18. Life is a crazy whirlwind full of unexpected turns. This blog is to stay close to many friends and family throughout the US.