Monday, September 15, 2008

my boy, Isaac

Isaac does seem to have some type of rash still - most likely a mild form of chicken pox. The pediatrician said that he would be contagious until the marks clear up or scab & to keep him home for 7-10 days. He continues to be happy and busy as usual.

the big kids are really getting into the groove with school. Ezra is starting to have an interest in reading - he actually read tonight before bed - The Magic TreeHouse series that he borrowed from his class library. He also brought home a "flutophone" or recorder today. I've heard "Mary Had a Little Lamb" one hundred times today.

Grace has been bringing home many papers in cursive, I keep checking the grade level - she's in first grade!? and less than two weeks into it... I can't remember being introduced to cursive writing until 3rd grade! She is thrilled to be using her cursive skills. She also continue to enjoy piano. She makes up these beautiful melodies and plays them over and over. I believe she has a natural gift, just like her daddy.

Ellie had a developmental eval done last week. She failed the speech section - which I am not surprised. She begins speech therapy next Monday. 30 minutes per week. She is thrilled to go, and calls it "schwool"

That's it for now. Brian is calling me to snuggle and watch tv.

4 comments:

BurttBunch said...

Glad to hear everyone is fine and well! That is GREAT about Ezra and Grace! Private schools do start cursive early. I am waiting until next year to start that with Mattithia. He needs to master printing! LOL

Christina said...

It sounds like everyone is doing great with the exeption of poor little Isaac with the chicken pox. I love that Ellie calls it "schwool" to. So cute!

By the way, I'm on facebook now also. I think I sent you an invite but let me know if I didn't.

Christina said...

Oops! I meant exception. Typing too fast.

BurttBunch said...

Have fun at ladies night tonight! YUM! I wish I could come....maybe next month. I need to talk with you soon.

About Me

My photo
I am the daughter of a King. I am the apple of His eye. In addition, I'm a wife to the most wonderful man in the world - seriously - he puts up with me and loves me no matter what. I am so thankful for Brian! Most importantly, he loves the Lord with all of his heart and is a Godly role model to our children and others. Because of him, I'm a mom to four wonderful children - Ezra who's almost 9, Grace is 7, Elliana is 3 and Isaac who was a year on April 18. Life is a crazy whirlwind full of unexpected turns. This blog is to stay close to many friends and family throughout the US.